Thursday 21 May 2015

DD309 : Doing economics: people, markets and policy - TMA06 Marked and Returned

Not particularly happy that this TMA has taken so long to get marked, especially as my tutor seems now to be questioning the complexity of what I am doing and has suggested a far less interesting adjustment. This is especially odd as I pretty much laid out exactly my plan at the last tutorial and no concerns were raised then..... 

Also my lowest mark so far by quite a bit, although still a Pass1, which sort of reflects my running out of steam and enthusiasm for the EMA. Also I submitted early after a particularly mind-numbing spirit-crushing tutorial dominated by somebody to whom brevity is a stranger, so not surprised by the mark really.

Graham, who runs the Econometrics Forum, has been far more enthusiastic (although to be fair this appears to be his default position on almost everything), and so I will crack on against tutorial advice rather than have an extremely simple and mundane project. I must say however, that this has been my undoing in these sorts of projects in the past so the outcome will either be that the odds were that I would come good eventually or that I never learn.

I have no doubt that I could submit what I have done already and get a pass, but I need a Pass1 from this course in order to stand a chance at a 1st Class Honours - so I am afraid that the pressure is on.

I have to say that Graham is doing an excellent job on the econometrics forum, he appears to be there almost all the time and has been extremely helpful and patient, I'm not really sure any of us could have asked for more from him.

So, time for a big push over the next 10 days, as not only is the end in sight, it appears to be careering towards me !

No comments: