Thursday 14 May 2015

DD309 : Doing economics: people, markets and policy - TMA06 NOT Marked and Returned yet.

A huge downside of submitting the TMA early is that you want it back even sooner and life just doesn't work like that.

It has been well over 24 hours since the TMA deadline and still nothing from my tutor.......

But am I bored, no not at all - GRETL has seen to that.

For my EMA I wish to graphically illustrate the points I am trying to make regarding the correlation between education and wages. Unfortunately, due to some bug or other between the GRETL econometric application and the graph drawing application it is not possible to draw more than one line or indeed add a different line to the one GRETL wants you to add. I have therefore been on a  crash course in EXCEL scatter plotting, which sounds easy but can be very frustrating.

I have about 20 different scatter plots to produce, I am halfway through, my eyes were going skelly last night with the repetitive mundane task of copy - paste - scatter - adjust - title - save - check -save again - next!

I also have some sort of OCD condition in that I am unable to concentrate on writing text until this task is complete and all the graphs look perfect, same font, size, layout, colours - and I'm sure that the marker wouldn't really care if it was a hand drawn scatter - it is the information it conveys that is important not the presentation - but that is not how my brain works.

Also after several emails from the Open University, arriving with increasing regularity, I have done as asked-ordered-threatened and paid for my last course DD306. They hadn't reached the level of threat you'd associate with a crack-addled loan shark, but it was heading that way.

So, the end to my years of study for this BA PPE is not quite in sight, but it is just over this EMA shaped horizon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Blog!

http://pedisource.com/pedicure-chairs.html

The Accidental Student said...

Thanks, are you studying PPE too?