Thursday 29 May 2014

DD209 Running The Economy : Revision Indecision

I am now very happy with Book 1. Although I have a mountain (almost literally) of Flash cards to revise now.

MEC Curve
IS Curve
Wage/Price Setting
Phillips, VPC and Monetary Rule Curves
Transmission Mechanisms
Quantitative and Qualitative Easing (to a certain extent)

If there is a question on dealing with inflation, deflation or recession I will be pretty happy, or something to do with Paradox of thrift.


The problem now is with Book 2.

The amount of graphs and lines needed for Part 4 is such that in a n exam setting things could go wrong very quickly if you muck up the diagrams or get lines in the wrong places. I am therefore pretty much paralysed with indecision regarding which Part to revise, but I have to say that Part 5 is now looking to be more of a risk free option, especially the poverty v  inequality, Gini coefficient and Lorenz curve - and I have even got my head around Game Theory - I think - Nash Equilibrium and the Prisoners Dilemma.

I think tonight is make your mind up night.

 

2 comments:

JonathanD said...

I'm having the same debate in my head tonight. I'm thinking I might go for part 4, just because I believe I can remember the theory a little better.

However, I'm going to have to revise some of part 5 anyway (particularly game theory) for the first half of the exam.

The Accidental Student said...

This is a harder exam to 'strategically study' for than Philosophy or Politics, which were an bit more compartmentalised.

Also, as the first exam on this course, there is no guessing what will come up.