Monday 3 June 2013

DD203 - Power, Dissent, Equality : Panic revision now in progress ! ! ! ! !

House guests, family birthdays and the unavoidable specter of work have done their best to disrupt any attempts at study, but for better or worse I now have crib notes on 2 of the three main subjects and have taken to listening to the course audios in the car - should maybe have started doing this a bit earlier.

I think my revision is coming together slowly, but I'm sort of relying on a big weekend of study this coming weekend to get me really confident.

And, I've further limited my scope of study. Having seen every past exam paper I can get hold of I am pretty confident that I would have been happy with any of the questions from Book 2, Book 3 and Evidence and Argument. Book 1 is a back up, as is Powers and Structures, but I won't spend too much time on them.

Oh well, back to the books........

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi any tips for revising. I find myself reading everything and getting no where :(

The Accidental Student said...

Haley, it seems a long time ago now, currently panicking with economics. For me at this stage it is a case of narrowing things down to specific sections and excluding others.

There was one question per book and one per theme, Woolooma was a good case study and I think at this stage I picked 2 of each. Have a look at the blog post exam, the suggestion by my tutor to do evidence and argument seemed to work if I remember correctly,.

Make sure you write a good introduction and conclusion, say what your going to tell them, tell them, then tell them what you have told them. Even if the mid section is weak you will pick up marks in the intro and conclusion. I made the mistake in the philosophy of not doing a proper intro and got hammered.

Anyway, reflex, read the bits you are interested in and consider that in an hour they are not expecting avTMA style answer, a few really well argued and clear points with an opposing idea should be enough, you can't cover the whole book in the answer.

Good luck.