Tuesday 18 September 2012

DD203 - Power, dissent, equality: understanding contemporary politics : Books have arrived.......

I guess it has been about six weeks since my last post, and it has been a welcome break from study.

I have arrived back from a very enjoyable holiday to find that my course books have arrived. The holiday was so relaxing that although I took a book away on Political Philosophy I think it was opened briefly on the plane on the way out and then not at all through the holiday, so I really need to change gear and get back into study mode.

The 5 books that arrived do not seem overly thick, so I wonder if there is lots of external texts that need to be found and read to augment this teaching material. There are also no audio CDs included, so unless these are online this will also be another change in teaching style.

The website says it will open on the 20th September, so not long to go now, and I see that I have still not been assigned a tutor, but I guess that is not an issue at present.I just hope they are not too far away. Last year my wife was assigned tutorials two and a half hours away, and I'm not sure a total of five hours driving is worth the bother going on past experience, so fingers crossed for a local tutor.

May try and start Book 1 tonight.......

No comments: