Tuesday 17 May 2011

DD101 Introducing the Social Sciences - TMA04 - Struggling to get going

It has been really easy to find other things to do instead if this TMA, indeed doing nothing has been preferable to doing this TMA. It just seems to be a case of regurgitating the information presented in Chapter 7 in another way, and it is not as though we have the challenge of interpreting data or drawing our own conclusions or ideas.

Added to this, I've given up on Chapter 9 after a good go at it. I struggled through the introduction and then gave up. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the TMA and once I have the assignment written I may give it a second go.

So now I'm basically deep in to a mid-course malaise. I have the books out and it would appear most of what I need is in the conclusion to Chapter 7, so I better get regurgitating........

2 comments:

Karen Clarke said...

I have just sat and read through the whole blog - great read. Starting DD101 in October, think I will be looking out for the Kath Woodward book you mentioned :) - Hope things are going smoothly.

The Accidental Student said...

Thanks for the comment. I started this really because I could find no real information regarding the course content and amount of study needed, so I'm glad if this has been useful in that sense.

Good luck with the course.

T.I.S