Saturday 7 May 2011

DD101 Introducing the Social Sciences - Week 13

The suggested time table for Week 13
 
     Chapter 8 of Making Social Lives (7 hours)
     Online Activities 24–26 (2 hours 30 minutes)
     ‘The making of order and disorder’ (Audio CD 3) (45 minutes)
     Online Quiz: Making Social Lives, Chapter 8 (10–15 minutes)


To be completed by 13th May.

Well... this chapter has put the cat amongst the pigeons. I thought I was petty sure that Chapter 7 was key for the TMA, but Chapter 8 has 3 views from which to chose two to compare and contrast, with views from Cohen, Hall & Huesman. Additionally, social order and disorder and the media's involvement  is probably more interesting than traffic measures, but there was just so much supporting information in the Online Activities.

As if it wasn't hard enough, I am now going to worry continually that I have made the wrong choice whatever choice I happen to make. I will see if I can re-scan the two chapters again and make a decision before Monday and start getting some words down next week.

No comments: