Thursday 4 May 2017

DD306 - Living Political Lives - County Elections

Tomorrow, 4th May, are the County elections in much of England.

Unfortunately, this blog is unlikely to reach enough people or be persuasive enough to make a difference in these elections, and as much as I have tried to be party neural  since this blog stared, I cannot do this any longer.

I live in Buckinghamshire, the mainly Toty/UKIP County Council have made terrible errors and wasted millions of pounds on social care (a matter of public record) while driving services into the ground.

This does not effect me. I am lucky to have a well paid job, I have private medical insurance, I have a home.

And yet...... it all feels wrong.

The Tory's have an empty campaign, offering nothing but fear and personal attacks. This is a campaign orchestrated by Linton Crosby, who won the last election for Cameron on lies, a bacon bitty and xenophobic fear of the SNP.

Corbyn may not be the most polished politician, but would you trust him..... I would.

Teresa May is now complaining about the EU trying to effect the outcome of the election..... this is amazing, possibly beyond parody, she made the election about BREXIT, why wouldn't the EU respond.

As has been said by somebody cleverer than I (sorry not sure who)....

She is a rich banker, married to a rich banker, working for rich bankers, trying to convince the middle class that it is the poor who are to blame.

Lets get together, work for a better future together.

I have met members of my local Labour party. These are honest, good, reliable people going into politics because  nobody else is represeneting them and honest good folk. In comparison, the current County Council and Government seem to be full of folk with something to gain personally.

Think about it carefully, vote responsibly.



.


No comments: