Saturday 18 April 2015

DD306 Living political ideas : Registered for my last course........

I first registered for the OU in November 2010, started studying in Feb 2011 and have now registered for my last course due to start October 2015 and end in June 2016.

It feels like a milestone of some sort, and 2011 seems an awful long time ago now. Between one thing and another it is difficult to remember a time when I wasn't looking forward to a course starting or worrying about an impending TMA deadline.

I wonder what I will do with myself when I am not studying, I suppose I'd better find a hobby :-) I certainly won't be doing another OU course, not because I wouldn't like to but because the costs of the courses these days are just to expensive. If I wasn't lucky enough to have started this prior to the change in fees and have been able to enjoy the traditional fees arrangement my study would have stopped some time ago.

You never know, a new government with a social concious might reduce or scrap tuition fees, maybe this would be an ideal issue for Labour and the SNP to unite on.....

There has been a number of decisions regarding the choice for the last module.

I did at one point think about Philosophy and A333, but the A222 philosophy was at times a real drag and I'm not sure I could go through that again.

DU301 - A world of whose making? is no longer being run, so this left me with the choice between the older and established DD306 Living Political Ideas and the relatively new DD313 International Relations, continuity and change.

After a bit of research on the Facebook groups, I have plumped for DD306.


So, DD306 Living Political Ideas, in six months we will meet again......

No comments: