Friday 9 November 2012

DD203 - Power, Dissent, Equality : End of Week 5

Difficult week to study, far too many distractions,

i. American Election - Thank goodness it went to Obama, I woke up pretty early to see how the election was going only to see Romney was in the lead - it was a bit worrying for a while.

ii. European Football - What a Wednesday night, Celtic, Man Unt and Chelsea all coming home winners with a lot of late drama.

iii. But most problematic is that other people have been receiving their TMAs back since almost the day after the submission date, and I always find it really difficult to move on to the next block of study until I have the TMA results back. Now just into the second week and there is supposed to be a tutorial at the weekend, so fingers crossed for tonight/this weekend.


The study I have done is read about 3/4 of the Chapter 1, it is not too hard going. I also did Exercise 1 but felt somewhat underwhelmed at the end as there was no online marking - it just left you with some questions.

If I have missed something on this exercise please let me know, but it just basically showed the depth of information available and the many ways in which the same issue can be (mis)represented.

So a bit of catching up to do on the reading front next week, at least it should be quite on the football front.

No comments: