Monday 22 August 2011

DD101 Introducing the Social Sciences - TMA 06 Marked & Returned

Well a bit disappointed, lowest mark yet just managing a Pass 1, however very useful and sensible comments from my tutor.

The problem with my TMA was that I had sort of re-interpreted the question. I thought that the claim we were to evaluate has been made by Hollway in her research, she certainly supported it, but this was a more general claim and I should have looked and discussed further than just Hollways research.

On the positive side the criticism of Hollways methods and conclusions were well received.

So the main thing is with the next TMA is not to make the same mistake and to be absolutely clear who has made the claim and from what body of work or research we need to be drawing from.

No comments: