Saturday 8 January 2011

Facebook Group - DD101 Jan 2011

The internet seems to be littered with small and poorly supported internet forums or groups for the Open University Cource DD101, both for past years and for the coming course in Jan 2011.

So it was a pleasant surprise to come across this Facebook Group, 'DD101 Jan 2011', this group seems to be gathering momentum and is the most interactive site I have seen, and the course hasn't even started yet.

If you have found this page looking for such a group, then I woud suggest you point your browser at the link below.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=254749883389

3 comments:

Jon said...

Hello Intermitent Student!

Very nice blog, yours. Easy to navigate and very well organized.

I have just enrolled in DD101 and I can't wait to receive all the material. Unfortunately I still have a couple of months of waiting time ;-)

Could you advice on any books or materials to read, watch or listen to start warming up during the summer? That will help me to keep my momentum going.

Thanks a lot, and keep it up!


Jon Valdivia
Twitter @theopendream
www.theopendream.com

The Accidental Student said...

Hi Jon,

it is very frustrating waiting on the course materials when you just want to start. I would recommend the book 'Social Sciences : The Big Issues' by Kath Woodward.

This book covers many of the subjects that are covered in DD101 and gets you thinking about issues like identity and equality which is useful.

Good luck with your studies,

Jon said...

Thank you very much, Intermittent Student.

I was actually considering buying that one. I am happy that you confirm the book is a good starting point.

I'll be happy to stay in touch. You may find me at facebook and also at my blog.

Good luck with your studies as well!!


Jon Valdivia
Twitter @theopendream
www.theopendream.com