Wednesday 2 March 2016

*** Please Read This ***

This blog stated of as a little project to keep me on track through my studies, I thought if I made my progress sort of public it would be a driver and motivator to ensure completion of the course.

I have been surprised by the amount of hits this blog gets, since it started it has had over 100,000 unique visits, page views are much larger, I have been told that I could monitise the blog by adding adverts, but this has never been about creating a revenue stream, it has been about sharing my experiences and hopefully encouraging others a they contemplate study, and I know that some people have found the blog very useful when considering if they can or should study.

So what is all this leading up to.

I have a work colleague/friend who is now the father of 15 month old baby boy called Karl. 

Karl's mum has written an incredibly moving account of difficult time that Karl had during childbirth and the efforts that Karl and his parents have gone to to give him the support he needs since then.

You can read this account here.  Please do so, it is inspirational.

Luckily Karl is a little fighter, but the therapies and medical costs are extremely high, and the emotional toll on his parents is significant. I don't know two more committed parents, everything they do is for Karl, but caring of him is exhausting and financially draining.

So to the purpose of this post.

If everyone who visited,read or enjoyed this blog felt able to donate even just 1€ or £1, combined this would make a significant contribution to paying for therapies for Karl.

If you felt able, and were willing to share this story among your own social networks that would also be appreciated.



Thank you for your time in reading this.

No comments: