Tuesday 12 November 2013

DD209 Running The Economy : iCMA41

I have ventured into the new, exciting, and potentially disastrous world of the iCMAs.

New obviously, because I have never done these before.

Exciting possibly, because (and I'll probably live to regret this) there is really no excuse for not getting 100%.

Potentially Disastrous because in the same way that I worry about standing close to unguarded edges of high structures, as this always provokes an insane desire to jump, a desire I have so far managed to control, with this iCMA there seems to be a real risk of accidentally submitting your iCMA answers before you really wanted to.

I worry about this because I usually have multiple browsers open and a click in the wrong place at the wrong time and I'll be saying goodbye to 7% of the continuous assessment score.


So, I have come up with a plan.

I have gone through the iCMA and grabbed screen shots of each question using 'Ctrl' and 'Print Screen', and pasted each screenshot, 'Ctrl' and 'v',  into a word document, so I can now complete the iCMA off-line as it were and the only time I will venture back into the iCMA will be to enter the answers that I am already happy with and then finally submit the answers there and then.

This also makes it easier to approach the iCMA in the round and also while reading the rest of the chapters I will have the questions easily to hand in order to easily identify the parts of the chapter relevant to the question.

So before the 10th December, I have three Chapters yet to read, the iCMA to complete and a 1600 word TMA, its gonna be a busy 4 weeks or so.

2 comments:

Sho said...

so going to steal that idea!!
btw are you in any of the fb groups for PPE or DD209?

The Accidental Student said...

Hi Sho,

I occasionally dip in and out of the Facebook groups, as I do find them encouraging, and sometimes very useful.

So please feel free to steal, and share, this idea, hopefully it may be of use to others.