Thursday 31 May 2012

A222 - Exploring Philosophy : Last tutorial of the course.

I was unable to attend the tutorial at the weekend, so the on-line tutorial this evening was the last 'official' interaction with this course.

It covered most of what had been done at the weekend, and was all about study and exam technique, so nothing earth-shattering, but worth doing for the odd snippet of new information.

The revision forum on the website seems to have taken off, so that is another good source of ideas, however it doesn't really matter now, it is all about cramming for 3/4 books and hoping that good questions come up.

I am however surprised at some people's study choices, for me, Book 1 is obvious as it was short and had a fairly small number of philosophers and ideas to grasp. Book 2 Religion, bread and butter really, been arguing about this all my life. Book 6, Politics, most recently covered and considering I am aiming for a PPE, fairly obvious, although the more taxing of my choices.

Ethics, Knowledge and the Mind, all seem far more complicated and difficult.

No comments: