Tuesday 5 April 2011

DD101 Introducing the Social Sciences - TMA02 Marked and Returned

It seems to have taken ages to get this TMA marked, however now that it has been marked and returned, life can go back to normal and not with me checking the TMA page every hour or so..... at least until the next TMA.

Another Pass 1, and I should be really pleased, but I can't help feeling a little disappointed not to have broken the 90% barrier. Again there were thorough and encouraging comments from my tutor but only 4 points that they picked up on, 2 were referencing - one was on style, the other was an error, the others were a comment that an argument position I'd taken on one point wasn't universally held - although this point was referenced, and the final point was that I hadn't acknowledged that some people say consumer society does not exist. Seems a lot of marks to lose on these points, but I guess they must be marking against a schedule to keep marks consistent, so these must be areas they think are important.


So, on to TMA03. I am pretty sure I know what i am doing for Part 1 and it will probably write itself, part two however.... I haven't a clue how to tackle this. Hopefully it is all in the next chapter.

Still the deadline for the next TMA is 'Star Wars Day' (May the 4th), so let's hope the 'force is strong' and as they say 'May the 4th be with you'.

No comments: