Saturday 23 April 2011

DD101 Introducing the Social Sciences - 23rd April, a Free Week

This is supposed to be a 'free week', in that there is nothing scheduled, i.e. no reading/tasks for this week, so I guess for most it is a bit of a catchup week to finish TMA3 (Pts 1&2, due 4th May) and get ready to start the next bit of the course on 30th April.

I have managed to get both Parts of TMA 03 finished and have submitted the TMA to the OU website - if I have time I will re-read the final version during the week and if necessary re-submit a revision, but it is basically done - so the pressure is off and I can enjoy the bank holidays without guilt or stress.

Part 2 was a bit of a slog though. I think I have managed to crowbar in as many references and theorists as it is possible to do, the word count was looking very generous until a sudden flash of inspiration took me over 1100 words, it has now been cut back to just shy of the absolute maximum.

The assignment booklet being available online, along with the student notes made things easier to organise. I copied and pasted both in to my assignment document, then highlighted issues to comment on and deleted sentences of no consequence. I then deleted parts of the article about Stratford as I wrote about it, which meant I made sure I commented on everything that was important. Unfortunately, I don't think there will be an opportunity to do this again :-(

The next problem is the motivation issues associated with the 'post-submission slump' and the wait for the assignment to be marked, and with the next assignment being 1500 words and due on the 1st of June, May could well have a busy end to the month.

No comments: