Thursday 17 March 2011

DD101 Introducing the Social Sciences - TMA02, coming together at last

I have pretty much started again. I read through what I had done so far, and at the end of each paragraph I asked myself "has this paragraph addressed any issue of consumer society effecting our choice", in doing this I realised that the second paragraph was actually a far better introduction than the introduction was - not sure how that happened but fortunate that it did.

The Essay plan was really the key to the re-write. I wrote down everything I though was relevant in what I thought was a sensible way of addressing the question, keeping in mid the Assignment Book advice that you should define consumer society, discuss the unequal choices and then the role of supermarkets in relation to choice - pretty obvious really.

I have then written pretty much to the word count plus 10%, so fiddled about and dropped some 'well crafted paragraphs' on weaker arguments in favour of what I hope is more important arguments.

The only thing I'm unsure about is that the conclusion is a bit short at about 70 words, but all it is doing is wrapping up all the previous paragraphs and providing a suitable concluding statement.

Time to leave it for a couple of days, and then re-read it at the weekend, even then there is a week to go before submission is due.

No comments: