Monday 5 January 2015

DD309 : Doing economics: people, markets and policy - TMA02 Submitted

Well, that is a relief, TMA finally submitted

I have never been so far behind on a TMA and never taken so long write one from start to finish, and without the two week Christmas break it would have been pretty difficult task and a car crash of an essay.

In the end the TMA has not been too bad.

Part A was pretty much covered in DD209's Game Theory, with just some minor additions this year, so that should have gone pretty well.

Part B Econometrics was no fun at all and while I think I have provided the answers they want, I couldn't be 100% sure.

Part C ended up being the most straight forward essay so far but editing it to the word count was painful. I have approached it in a fairly straight forward manner. Bullet pointed the relevant sections from Chapter 7, bullet pointed the important parts of the article, matched the bullet points up and supported the article points with big dollops of text book teaching - there is an awful lot of quotes and referencing of the book and article, but I can't see any other way of doing this.

I thought it was a pretty flimsy essay questions anyway, and I would rather have been given a far more meaty and contentious scenario for us to make so sense of.

Anyway, that is probably it for OU study for the next two 'traditional' weeks of marking until I get the TMA returned. Too much else going on, the most important of which is a job interview.

No comments: