Monday 7 April 2014

DD209 Running The Economy : Week 25

 Week 25: Government action, public goods and welfare economics 


WEEK 25 !!!! It is starting to really worry me how far I am behind.

I am just finishing week 22. I know there is a study break coming up for a week but this TMA is going to be another struggle, especially as I'm off abroad again at the end of the week.......

However......

Chapter 15 : Trade and Inequality, the best chapter of the book so far. Really interesting to see economic models showing how trade can increase inequalities between and within countries, and how government tariffs and import taxes may benefit domestic firms and the government but overall the effect is negative and it is the consumer who pays for this.

If the rest of the book is like this is should be a pleasure to read.

No comments: