Friday 17 May 2013

DD203 - Power, Dissent, Equality : TMA06 problems......

Received an email from my tutor to say he has not received my TMA, which was posted on the 3rd May.

He says he has however received notification from the post office that there is an item waiting for him which does not have enough postage on it, but he hasn't had time to collect it (he seems to have some difficulty getting to the post office which is why we were asked not to send the TMAs recorded delivery, as he would not be in when they came round and he would then have to go to the post office to collect them which was a problem), so  I'm sort of hoping this is my TMA otherwise it really is lost in the post.

Apparently this (under payment) is not uncommon as people misjudge the weight and thickness of the TMAs, and as they are more than a normal 1st or even large packet 1st class stamp there are quite a few across the country waiting for the tutors to make good on the under payment when they collect them. As I 'relied' upon others to post this for me, this could well be my TMA cluttering up the post office.

On the plus side, when I had not received confirmation of the TMA being received by the 8th May, I emailed the scanned copy of the TMA as a backup. However, as this does not have the OU form with it he was giving the post a bit more time and will wait to see what is at the post office before reverting the to electronic version.

On the downside, it looks really unlikely that  I will have a mark or comments when the day school comes around which is a bit unfortunate.

So the moral of this story is don't rely on others for anything important and regardless of what the tutor wants send it recorded delivery.

No comments: