Monday 14 January 2013

DD203 - Power, Dissent, Equality : Got an Extension for TMA3

I had hoped to get through the entire course without having to ask for an extension, but 'life' and other things have gotten in the way of the study and so I have asked for and been granted until after next weekend to submit this TMA.

I have made a start on the essay and if necessary I could have handed something in on Thursday, but I need moire time in order to write it, leave it for a day or two and then make adjustments if it is going to be any good.

I think it is pretty obvious from the question that the answer has to be 'No'. No government 'completely dominates' politics in the UK, apart from the institutional controls to stop this happening, there are moderating factors such as the Law, EU, NATO, global economy etc. as well as practical considerations around periodic elections and the need to pander to the public.

Anyway, pressure off for now but need to get a lot more words on the page.

No comments: