Sunday 22 January 2012

A222 - Exploring Philosophy : TMA03 nearly done....

Despite 2 cracking football matches on TV this afternoon, I now have the TMA pretty much complete. I am waiting for it to be proof read and then I'll read it through a couple more times, but it is about ready to go.

This is the first assignment that I have not struggled to get under the word count, but as the word count is a pretty wide 1500 to 2000 words, I'm hoping that at 1850 I've answered the question as fully as I need to.

I was marked down in the first TMA of this course for including the ideas of Hume and Parfit when the question asked specifically  about Locke, and that was really because in the last course (DD101), the essay answers needed to know about all you'd read in that section of the course, so that is what I did in this course's (A222) first TMA.

So in this TMA I have stuck rigidly to the question of views on hedonism and avoided the temptation to wander into the discussion on 'act' or 'rule' utilitarianism - we'll see when the mark comes back if this was the correct way to answer the question.

No comments: