Tuesday 12 July 2011

DD101 Introducing the Social Sciences - Week 21

The suggested time table for Week 21

     ‘Conclusion’ to the ‘Material lives’ strand of Exploring Social Lives (30 minutes) . 
     Online Reflective Quiz: Exploring Social Lives, ‘Material lives’ (10–15 minutes) . 
     ‘Reflections on “Material lives’’’ (Audio CD 2) (30 minutes) 
     Most of your time this week will be spent on completing Assignment 05.
To be completed by 8th July.

I read the 3 page conclusion and there wasn't really much in it that hadn't been covered already - that's why it was the conclusion I guess....  t

The reflective quiz at the end of the chapters are a bit lost on me, I'm not really in to this type of formal self reflection. I think the only real measure is the TMA marks, if your happy with them then your putting in the right amount of effort - if your not happy with them then more effort required.

The audio was a struggle to concentrate on, too much else going on, so in the end I read the transcript.

At least this week is crossed off the chart.....I'm going to have to think about coming back to Week 20 - Living in a Common World - as I have too much to do to read up and past what is required for this weekends tutorial.

The next TMA is a choice of question and it is either,

Option A:
Evaluate the claim that Britishness is a matter of ‘shared values, ideas or ways of life’.
 
OR
 
Option B:
Evaluate the claim that conflict is a catalyst for identity change.


I'm thinking about Option B, as I have worked in conflict zones and seen how it effects people first hand, but I guess I had better read the chapters and see what arguments and theories are put forward.

No comments: