Thursday 10 February 2011

DD101 Introducing the Social Sciences - TMA01 - Draft 1

So when is an essay not an essay..... when it's a report.

I thought I'd pretty much cracked the first assignment, and then I gave it to my fiancee to proof read, and it is just as well I did. While she said that the points I made were clear, related to the study material and referenced, she's very supportive and encouraging that way :-), she did also point out that I had not actually written an essay...... I'd written a report !

And she was absolutely right.

I'm very used to writing reports and hadn't really given enough, if any, thought to what writing an essay actually meant. So this version is now effectively first draft and now I need to concentrate on structure over content, having previously concentrated purely on content and auto-piloted the structure.

... and it all seems so obvious, once it has been pointed out !

No comments: