Monday 15 April 2013

DD203 - Power, Dissent, Equality : TMA 6 & Revision

Decided to make an early start on the last TMA and the revision. The most striking thing is that I should have been using these revision videos at the end of each book before writing each of the previous TMAs, I seriously think I missed a trick in not reading ahead and spotting the potential that these video lectures had to concisely summarise each of the chapters and bring out the most useful points.

Oh well..... too late now.

We have a tutorial this weekend and I think the main points I want to get out of that tutorial are revision stratgeies for the exam.

We know there will be 5 questions, 1 from each of the course books in Section A, and 4 Questions from each of the themes (not center-periphery as that is TMA6) in Part B - chose 3 questions at least 1 from each section.

At present I'm thinking about revising 3 of 5 books and 2 themes.

The problem is that I'm not sure which books to revise. Book 1 is nice and short, Book 2 was about comparative politics, Book 3 about the UK politics, Book 4 was theory and ideology and Book 5 was Policy.

Or which themes are Power and Structures, Participation and Descent, Equality and Difference and Evidence and Argument.

Hopefully, it will become clear at the tutorial.

No comments: