Monday 18 March 2013

DD203 - Power, Dissent, Equality : TMA04 Marked and Returned

Well, TMA04 has been marked and returned and I am pretty happy with the mark, just made it to a Pass1.

The TMA was a bit rushed on my part, partly becuase the prevous TMA took so long to be returned and so I didn't start that section until late, and partly because of the catalgue of domestic disasters that befell me, which just took afternoons and evenings away from me.

So, even though I got an extension of a couple of days, for me TMA was not nearly as thorough as I would have liked and was really written around an expanded analogy found in the text, and the rest of the eassy was filler or a way to bring in this analogy.

Luckily, my tutor liked the thought process and the ideas behind the analogy. They have also made some very useful critisisms of other parts of the text where I have tried to link political theory and scientific theory. This part of the essay was a bit thin, and they have certainly torn it apart. I had to make some pretty big assumptions and unreferenced opinins in orer to get where I wanted to be, and had I had more time I could have 'crafted' this part a lot better, however, between burst pipes, broken down cars and faulty domestic appliances, home life took priority over this essay.

So, the next TMA is about policy. If I chose the case studies of the EU and NHS, I can get away with just reading Chapters 1,2, & 5, but disability policy interests me so I may dip in there and see if there is anything obvius for the TMA there.

Best get cracking, next TMA due 28th March.

No comments: